Thursday, March 28, 2013


at a kiddie birthday party

a little one with a quivering lower lip "aunty, i'm looking bad ?"

" no, baby. why do you ask ?"

" she told me i'm looking bad " ....... points at this little girl all dressed up in a pretty dress, with prettily made up hair with pretty clips

the same 'pretty' girl had reduced aditi to tears last week by calling her  'fat '

they are both 5 years old !!  

its not just one kid or two, its a malaise

many children i see around me are not kids

they are mini adults

mini judgmental adults

2 comments:

Arch said...

Devi, u r writing again and i am so thrilled :) Thoroughly enjoying both Aditi's and her mom's wit! :)

It's only words said...

hey there Arch, i've not started writing. no ! just attempting to chronicle aditi's childhood and my momhood. mainly on request by my neighbour Rama Aunty ( who is featured here). you are my inspiration, of course !